Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Factory Reconditioned Weed Eater SST25 17-Inch 25cc 2-Stroke Gas Powered Straight Shaft String Trimmer

Customer Review: good
box was in bad shape,but every things was there. Shaft was a little bent but nothing a little elbow grease couldn't handle. Works great after initial start up
Customer Review: Does the job...
My SST25 arrived this afternoon, and my first impression was that they sure didn't package it very well. The box was open at one end, and the gas cap was not on the unit. The cap was in the box, but how it became detached, is hard to figure out. After some minor assembly, I took off the gear area plug, and discovered that there was almost no grease on the gears. I filled it with grease, and then filled the fuel tank with gas mixed with 100:1 Amsoil 2 cycle oil. I followed the procedure to start it, and it started just fine. After a few minutes, it started to die, so I gave it some gas, and adjusted the idle screw, which was set a bit too low. After that, it idled just fine. I used it for about 2 hrs., with only one stoppage, caused by very heavy weeds getting wrapped around the line spool. I filled up with gas again, and did another 2 hrs. of weed cutting, and it performed better than I ever thought it would, especially after reading some of the reviews. It never died, and cut through some rather thick stalks (11/2"-2"). I killed it 3 times to rake the cuttings, and it always re-started with a few quick pulls. I either have a better machine than many people received, or maybe the use of a 100:1 oil mix made it run much better, but I am very pleased with the Weedeater's performance. I would even have given it 5 stars, but the packaging and the provided shield are really marginal.


cordless electric trimmer

No comments:

Post a Comment